|Source of Index
||Geelong region volunteers
|Source and/or Location of Records
- South Barwon: Court of Petty Sessions Cause List Books (1859-1888); Court of Petty Sessions Registers (1888-1899)
- Public Record Office Victoria, North Melbourne
- VPRS 350 Unit 11 [part indexed]
|Explanation of Fields
- NAME: Either Prosecutor / Complainant / Applicant OR Defendant - COMMENT field will explain which
- DATE: of court sitting
- OTHER NAMES: Either Prosecutor / Complainant / Applicant OR Defendant - COMMENT field will explain which
- COMMENT: Reason for court appearance, and explanation of NAME and OTHER NAMES field for EACH entry
- REFERENCE: VPRS number and UNIT number (entries are in chronological order)
VPRS 350 contains 9 Units:
- Unit 1: Cause List Book 1859-1863
- Unit 2: Cause List Book 1863-1868
- Unit 3: Cause List Book 1868-1873 [part indexed - to end of 1869 at this stage]
|Number of entries
||Updated: 27th January 2013
- 1,875 entries
- The majority of these have been duplicated as each entry contains two sets of names - Prosecutor and Defendant.
||View the registers at the Public Record Office Victoria for these details:
- How before the court?: Arrest, summons etc
- Fees: associated with court appearance
- Charge, cause or proceeding: more detail than provided in the COMMENT field
- Decision, memo of conviction or order
|Can you help?
||This is an ongoing project.
If you would like to assist with indexing the registers for the South Barwon Court of Petty Sessions, please contact
who is co-ordinating this project.
||Geelong & District Database